Current Schedule (2016)
2016 HAIOP Schedule
We are planning to meet on the second Tuesday of every other month, with some other dates mixed in.
- March 8: Banquet
- May 10: HAIOP 2016 Poster Competition
- July 12: TBD
- September 13: TBD
- November 15: TBD
Keep up with this site, as we will post updates to the schedule regularly.
First Annual HAIOP Poster Session!
May 10th 2016
What is this?
- This event is a poster session organized by the Houston Association for Industrial Organizational Psychology (HAIOP) for research related to the field of Industrial Organizational Psychology.
Who is this for?
- Anyone who would like to show off a poster that has been accepted to or presented at any conference in recent years (e.g., SIOP, APA, Academy).
- Up to two submissions per first author
- HAIOP members are eligible for prizes, but anyone can come to show their poster
- Anyone who likes looking at posters!
- And, anyone who would like to talk to and mingle with I-O psychologists living in the Houston area.
Why is this event so great?
- It will give you a chance to re-use the poster that you spent time and money creating!
- It will also give you a chance to discuss your research and ideas with local academics, practitioners, and students from other schools.
- This is a great way to learn about research that is going on in the Houston area.
- There will be refreshments!
- Also, HAIOP members who bring a poster are eligible for prizes! JOIN HAIOP TODAY!
- Winners will be chosen by HAIOP board members based on content of the research study and visual appeal.
- First place includes a prestigious certificate, a $50 prize, and the honor of winning.
- Second place includes a prestigious certificate and the honor of almost winning.
What are the details?
- Date: May 10th 2016
- Time: 5pm to 9pm (setup starts at 5pm, the session will start at 5:30; The session will end at 8:15pm after which prizes will be announced; the room must be empty by 9pm)
- Place: Rice University, Sewall Hall (Also the Rice Art Gallery), Room 303
Everyone please attend!